Empty Parks, Empty Streets, Empty Cities
This painting is a further development of my limited edition print 'Catani Gardens'.
It ponders the effect of Melbourne's long-term lock down in 2020 as a result of COVID-19. Catani Gardens, the streets and the city were empty. Completely. We had an 8pm curfew, and even during the day, only a scattering of people were walking around, partly due to the 5km movement boundary in place and social distancing. The pandemic has impacted lives with tragedy and loss, and also quietness and peace.
March 2021 Art Show International 'How I remember 2020' Competition: Honourable Mention
Original Painting (sold) and Limited Edition Prints
- High quality watercolour-grade cotton fibre paper
- Personally signed, with Certificate of Authenticity
- A Limited Edition of 50 prints only - and one Original
- This artwork is priced and supplied unframed
- Can be supplied framed if desired, please contact me
- Framed artwork must be picked up from St Kilda, Melbourne
- Unframed artwork can be shipped worldwide or be picked up
- Check the price in your currency
- Designed to fit standard frame sizes in the list below: