This Is Their Country
Until around 40 years ago Cape Barren Geese inhabiting Tasmania’s South-East islands were endangered due to extensive hunting. Their population is now stable following being placed under protection.
I can’t help but see similarities between the survival of animals and people.
Humans invade communities through hunting and war, all over the world, denying animals and humans their rights to their country. This is happening in the Ukraine now and has happened to our own Indigenous Communities, from human action.
My painting of Cape Barren Geese flying freely in Bruny Island represents hope. Their place has been restored. They are in their Country.
The Original Painting is currently in an exhibition. Please let me know if you are interested in it.
Limited Edition Prints
- High quality watercolour-grade cotton fibre paper
- Personally signed, with Certificate of Authenticity
- A Limited Edition of 50 prints only - and one Original
- This artwork is priced and supplied unframed
- Can be supplied framed if desired, please contact me
- Framed artwork must be picked up from St Kilda, Melbourne
- Unframed artwork can be shipped worldwide or be picked up
- Check the price in your currency
- Designed to fit standard frame sizes in the list below: